WhatsApp is one of the most used instant messenger apps in the world. With its quick and easy-to-use features and tools, people prefer using WhatsApp. Even though WhatsApp is a secure app but WhatsApp lacks some minor privacy options.
What if you want to hide your chats from others. It is annoying when people try to put their nose in your chats and tries to read them. In this article, I will be showing you how you can lock chats on WhatsApp. In this way, you can keep your chats secure and safe away from other people.
How to lock Chats on WhatsApp
WhatsApp does not come with any primary feature that directly locks chats. But, I will tell you a few tricks and easy ways by which you can lock your chats. There are two ways that you can follow to lock chats on WhatsApp.
Lock Chats by Archiving Chats
The easiest and quick way to lock chats is by archiving them. Follow the following steps to know how to do it.
· Open WhatsApp on your phone.
· Find the chat you want to lock and hide.
· Long press the chat.
· You will see an option on the top right corner to archive the chat. Select it
· Your chat will disappear from the inbox.
· To get the chat back, scroll to the bottom of the chats in the inbox of WhatsApp.
· You will see an archive folder there.
· Open it.
· You will see the chat you previously archived.
· Hold the chat and select unarchive.
Remember that this is a temporary method of locking or hiding any chat. Whenever the person texts you, the chat will reappear in your inbox.
Suggested Article: Sync WhatsApp Chat Between iOS And Android
Lock Chat by a Third-Party App
Plenty of apps help you lock chats on WhatsApp. as Whatapp lacks the basic privacy features, different developers have developed different apps that allow you to lock particular chats on WhatsApp with passwords. Here’s how you can use any third-party app to lock chat on WhatsApp.
· Go to the google play store on your phone.
· Search for a locker for WhatsApp.
· Download the app.
· Once the app is downloaded, open it.
· Give permissions to the app to make changes in your WhatsApp.
· Select the chats you want to lock.
· Set the password and enjoy the privacy.
There are two more ways to lock chats on WhatsApp. The First one is to lock WhatsApp as a whole app rather than locking specific chats. You can download any app locker and lock WhatsApp with the help of that app.
The second option is to install any WhatsApp mod that allows you to lock apps. Many WhatsApp mods like GB WhatsApp, OG WhatsApp, etc., come with a built-in feature of locking apps.
WhatsApp might be the most used instant messenger app globally, but the app lacks basic privacy features. You can not lock your chats on WhatsApp. To lock your chats, you can archive the chat, but it is a temporary solution.
You can always download a chat locker for WhatsApp from the Google play store to lock specific chats on WhatsApp for a better solution. Other solutions like app locker and WhatsApp mods come with a built-in feature of chat lockers in WhatsApp.
People Also Like: How to Record WhatsApp Voice Calls?