We all come across thousands of videos when browsing the internet and some of those videos just grab our attention at first glance. In this post, we are going to tell you how to download embedded videos from any website.
While many websites allow you to download any videos to watch offline directly, some websites like Facebook, YouTube, or Vimeo either don’t allow it or have a complicated process unless you’re a premier member.
In this blog post, we will share a few websites, tools, and tricks and teach you how to download embedded videos easily in a few steps. So, let’s go for it!
[Note: Some websites have intentionally put restrictions on videos to prevent people from copying their content. This easy guide on how to download embedded videos is only for educational purposes.]
1. How To Download Embedded Videos On PC?
Though there are many ways to download videos on PC, we’ve found & shared the easiest way for you. Here’s how to download embedded videos on PC with a few browser extensions.
Flash Video Downloader
While Adobe Flash is no longer supported by the company and is considered an outdated application, you can still use Flash Video Downloader to download videos from multiple websites. It supports most video formats, and the extension is available for Chrome and Firefox. If you want to know how to download embedded video on macOS, Flash Video Downloader has a safari version.
With an average rating of 4.1 and over 5,000 positive reviews, this is a trusted source to download embedded videos from Facebook, YouTube, and other websites. This extension saves time and effort by allowing you to download embedded videos with one click.
If you’ve been looking for how to download embedded videos, Video Downloadhelper is undoubtedly one of the best extensions to install on your PC. Video Downloadhelper was developed as an add-on for Firefox in 2007, and its chrome extension was made available in 2015.
With its excellent capability to switch between two platforms swiftly, you don’t have to do a lot of hassle downloading videos from YouTube, Facebook, and other major platforms. If you are looking for how to download embedded videos from TikTok and other platforms, you don’t have to worry about that with Video Downloadhelper. This extension has a wide range of platforms to support.
2. How To Download Embedded Videos Directly From The Website
Are looking for how to download embedded videos directly from the website, this is perhaps the best way that saves you time. If you think browser extensions won’t work for you, what about downloading embedded videos directly from the website to your PC or macOS.
Here is how to download embedded videos directly from your website;
Browse for the video that you loved and wanted to download to your PC. Now right-click anywhere within the video. A drop-down will open with the options to Save Video, along with others. Click to download and save the video to your preferred destination on your PC. So, you see how to download embedded videos directly from the website, but this trick may or may not work on all websites.
1. How To Download Embedded Video Directly Via Browsers
Do you know how to download embedded videos directly via browsers? No worries, here we will tell you the easiest way to do that!
- Show Control Technique
Many websites come with a range of embedded videos with this default feature. If you can find this feature in any video, which usually happens, you can easily unlock the download button and download it in a few minutes. Moreover, this feature allows you to download the latest videos in multiple formats.
- Inspect Element Technique
We can be sure that you didn’t know how to download embedded videos using this method.
Although this method is quite technical and expert tech-savvies can only download videos through this method. This inspect method allows you to download your favorite video or media content from a website to your PC.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to download embedded videos using this easy technique:
- Right-click on the videos that you want to download.
- Find the video file in the source code of the website.
- A new window will open, type <div id=” player” and click to submit and expand it. Repeat this process for <div id=” movie_player” below it, and <div class=”html5- video-container” right after this command.
- You will shortly find a very long Video URL beginning from src=”. Click twice to see the full URL, right-click and click to copy that link.
- Now paste this in the Search Bar of your browser.
- Right-click to Save Video As; downloading will start shortly.
2. How To Download Embedded Video Using VLC Player
With this method, you will get a direct link to download your video. This URL can be used to save videos afterward.
- Right-click the media > Open Network Stream. [CTRL + N]
- Now, enter the video URL
- Click to Play button
- Once the video starts playing, go-to tool > codec information. [CTRL + J]
- Select & copy the full URL from “Location” and copy it. [Right-click > select all (CTRL + A) and Right-click > copy (CTRL + C)]
- You will get a long URL
- Open the browser and paste the URL in the search bar.
- Select Save As, and you will get your video downloaded on your PC.
3. How to Download Embedded Video on iOS?
A few websites allow you to download videos directly from the web to your iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Here’s how to download embedded videos on iOS.
- Copy the URL of the original video
- Go to the 9XBuddy website and paste the URL in the space available
- Click to download, and the app will automatically analyze the URL and provide suitable options to download
- A download button will pop up
- Click on download to get an appropriate version on time.
So, you can see how to download embedded videos on your Android and iOS-based device. If you need to know anything, let us know in the comments below.